DiVentures Coach is Moving
Chapman’s family will be moving to Chicago for a great professional opportunity – which means we will be losing
a great coach at the DiVentures pool. We have a new coach, Bri Shuler, that will take over the program starting
January 1. Because of current project responsibilities at this point in time, Bri can only coach on Monday mornings. So
we need some help covering the three month gap. Here are the dates we are looking for a coach for the month of
October: 17, 19, 24, 26, and 31. If you would like to help out and coach then please contact me asap – 402-250-1769.
Flu Shots Offered October 23
After practice at the Kroc Center on Tuesday, October
23 David Kohll will be offering flu shots. Please make sure you RSVP with David if you plan on taking advantage
of this service opportunity. Here are some points from David.
- I'll bill all insurances for flu, please
send me you insurance before the 23rd so I can process.
- If I don't bill insurance, regular flu shot is $32.
dose flu shot available for those over 65 YO.
- Quadrivalent flu shot costs a little more, but better coverage
is available this year
- Shingles vaccine. Recommended for those over 50 years old. Usually zero
copay. I bill insurance. It's a 2 shot series. The 2nd shot is 2-6 months after 1st shot. It was recently
found the previous shingles shot many of you got prior to November 1st was not very effective. Therefore, unfortunately
it is recommended you get the new shingles vaccine.
- Prevnar vaccine (new pneumonia vaccine came out this year).
Recommended for those over 50 years old. Usually zero copay. I bill insurance. Once in lifetime shot
uncommon for someone to get 3 shots after swim practice
- Each person let me know what shots they want, so I bring adequate
supply. I'll bring a little extra of at least flu.
- Please get your vaccines up to date to prevent diseases and
to prevent spreading diseases to others.
- Any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we are getting a little
busy at practice, this affords an excellent opportunity to reinforce good lane etiquette:
- If you need to rest while others are still swimming, then go to the end and rest in the right hand
corner (as approaching the wall). By stopping and staying in that corner, it will allow the others in the lane to make a smoother turn
(and not cause someone to push off the wall into another person coming into the wall).
- If you are finishing a swim with your group, then after you get to the wall you should move to the left quickly. Once you finish
the swim then get out of the way and let your lane mates behind you finish to the wall.
- Know your strengths and the strengths of your lane mates. Here are some categories: pull, kick, clock management, stroke, or listening to the
- And always remember to brush your teeth!
- Bonus Tip – when we have a new swimmer,
then introduce yourself and explain sets before starting them!
Kroc Center (2825 Y St.) DiVentures
(4303 S. 121st Plaza)
happens if the weather is looking a little dicey? If you are not sure, check on Facebook. Facebook information will
be posted 30 minutes prior to the start of practice.
The final quarter has arrived; October, November, December. The
fee is $45 per month or $110 per quarter. Please pay by the 20th of the month. Swimmers
may swim at any practice location at any practice time. Let me know if you have any questions.